Pandanus Tapioca Pearls Pudding also know as "Kanom Yok Manee" in Thai.
Like many Thai desserts, this pudding tastes salty-sweet and includes a coconut for texture. The green color comes from pandanus juice.
- 1 cup small tapioca pearls
- 2 cups grated white coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 tsp tapioca flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup thick pandanus juice
- Wash the tapioca pearls, discarding all the dirt drain and set aside.
- Toss the grated coconut and salt, steam until heated through, then set aside.
- Bring the water to the boil and pour over the tapioca pearls.
- Add sugar and tapioca flour stirring to combine.
- Follow with the pandanus juice, and stir again.
- Fill each foil cup with the sweet pearls;
- Arrange on the steamer and steam over boiling water on high heat for 10 minutes, or until done.
- Sprinkle the salted coconut over the top as garnish.
Tip: Tapioca flour can be substituted by corn flour.