This is Pumpkin Pudding Dessert or "Khanom Fak Thong" in Thai. Thai dessert. Pumpkin is high in beta-carotene, an antioxidant that improves cancer-protective properties. Also this vegetable is a great source of Vitamin A and potassium. For those with a sweet tooth, Thais have a wonderful dessert of pumpkin in coconut milk.
- 3 cups pumpkin, grated finely
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix tapioca flour, rice flour and arrowroot starch together. Gradually add coconut cream, stir constantly until all the coconut cream is used up. It will take about 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, pumpkin, salt and coconut milk, continue stirring until sugar and salt are all dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan, spread out evenly, steam over boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until done. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Cut into 2"x2" pieces.
Tip: Tapioca flour can be substituted by corn flour.