Rice Balls with Poached Eggs in Coconut Milk or know as a "Bua Loy Khai Waan" in Thai. This is a little modern from tradition by add corn and young coconut and make colorful rice balls.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut cream, heat until hot
- 2 3/4 cups water
- Knead the glutinous rice flour with water until a dough forms.
- Shape into small balls about I cm in diameter.
- Continue shaping until finished.
- Bring the 2 1/2 cups of water to the boil over medium heat, drop the balls in boiling water; and boil until done (they will float to the surface).
- Remove with a slotted spoon, and place in cold water until slightly cool, remove and drain.
- Combine sugar and the remaining water, and bring to the boil.
- When all the sugar has dissolved, strain and bring back to the boil.
- Break the eggs, one at a time, and carefully drop into the hot syrup.
- Boil for a while, then turn the eggs over and continue boiling for a little while.
- Spoon a poached egg into a bowl, add the rice balls and some syrup.
- Top with coconut cream.
- Serve hot.
Tip: The rice balls with poached eggs in coconut milk will be more aromatic if the jasmine-flavored water is used instead of water.