Sweet Tapioca with Cantaloupe is yummy Thai dessert called "Sakoo Paik Cantaloupe" from simple ingredients. Salty and sweet taste fresh cold by cantaloupe.
- 1 cup small tapioca pearls
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Divide cantaloupe in half, remove seed and spoon like a ball.
- Heat sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a pot on medium heat, stir until dissolve, bring to boil for a few minutes, remove from heat and place it in a bowl.
- Boil coconut milk on medium heat, add salt, stir together.
- Remove from heat and place it in a bowl.
- Wash and drain tapioca pearls (run water through, don't stir).
- Add 3 cup of water in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, transfer tapioca pearls in a pot, stir regularly.
- Stir tapioca pearls until cook (look clear outside and be sticky), remove from heat.
- Transfer cooked tapioca pearls into sifter, wash thoroughly and stir to remove sticky paste, then place in a bowl.
- Add syrup, mix together, and taste for sweetness.
- Spoon cooked tapioca pearls in dessert bowl, place cantaloupe balls, add coconut milk, and stir together.
- Before serving, place coconut milk on top for creamy flavor.