This Coconut Cake Thai called "KHANOM BA - BIN" This easy, low-fat cake recipe has the texture of angel food with the flavor of coconut. Light and moist, this coconut cake is delicious on its own. This coconut cake is great to serve simply as an everyday treat. It's the easy breazy days of summer - any time of year!
- 4 cups Grated coconut meat
- 2 cups Palm sugar
- ¼ cup Pre-sifted glutinous rice flour
- ¼ cup Rice flour
- 1 ½ cups Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- Melt the palm sugar in a pot containing the creamy coconut milk.
- Boil this mixture until the sugar is melted, take off the stove and allow to cool.
- Once the liquid is cool, add the grated coconut meat and both kinds of flour. Mix well.
- Oil the inside of a baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Then pour the coconut mixture into this pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in an oven 350 F or 180 C for 30 minutes until the cake is cooked and browned on top.
- Take cake out of the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, cut into squares and serve.
If you have trouble finding fresh coconut meat, desiccated coconut can be substituted. It is available in all grocery stores in the baking section. This dessert is very popular with young children.