The taste is very sweet. Met Khanoon means "seed of jackfruit" which is what it resembles. At a wedding, Met Khanoon symbolizes that whatever bride and groom do in life, they will have the support of others, and never lose sight of their dreams.
- 2 cups green mungbean, peeled, steamed and finely grinded
- 250 ml. coconut milk
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups jasmin scented water
- 8 egg yolk
- Mix coconut milk with green mungbean, 3/4 cups of sugar.
- Boil on meduim heat, stir until thick.
- Lower the heat. Stir until thick and able to shape. Turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- Mold into oval-shaped ball.
- Mix sugar, left, with jasmin scented water.
- Medium heat until melten.
- Filter and heat again, use low heating, in a brass pan.
- Simmer until thick. Remove from the stove.
- Put the mungbean balls in the bowl of red egg yolk. Apply throughly.
- Put all balls in the pan of syrup.
- Boil on low heat until the egg is cooked.
- Let it cool.