Sweet, salty, and creamy dessert with water chestnut called "Ta-ko Haew" in Thai. In Thailand we (I) use banana leaf make small bowl for this dessert. But you can use whatever you want like small cups etc.
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup pandanus leaf juice
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Cut water chestnuts into small dices.
- Mix rice flour, tapioca flour, and sugar together.
- Add water and pandanus leaf juice in a pot, stir well until the flour dissolve.
- Bring the flour mixture to boil on medium heat, stir frequently until the flour mixture is thick.
- When the mixture is thick, add diced water chestnuts, stir well until the mixture is boiled again, then remove from heat.
- Spoon the flour mixture into individual small cups for the base.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
Preparation for Topping:
- Mix coconut milk, sugar, rice flour, and salt together, stir well.
- Bring coconut mixture to boil on medium-low heat, stir frequently until the mixture is thick, and then remove from heat.
- Spoon coconut cream mixture and top on each cup of prepared base.
- When topping is cool, serve immediately.