Poached Eggs in Ginger Syrup or Thai call "Khai Waan" It is my lazy day dessert. Why lazy dessert because very simple and easy to cook. You just have an eggs in your freeze and some sugar you can cook even you don't have any ginger also.
- 5 eggs (small size)
- 5 young ginger slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- Combine sugar and water together bring to a boil over medium heat When all the sugar has dissolved, strain and pour back into the pot.
- Heat the syrup again, add ginger slices and boil until fragrant, then reduce the heat.
- Break the eggs, one at a time, and gently drop them into the ginger syrup.
- Boil until the egg white is done, turn the eggs over, and continue boiling for a few minutes.
- Spoon a poached egg into a serving bowl with some ginger slice and syrup.
- Serve hot.