This sweet potatoes or Mun-Ted in Thai with coconut cream Thai call "Mun Chuem" This recipe can be made very easy. You can keep in the freeze for a few week.
- 1 kg. Sweet potato
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups white wash/lime water
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- Clean the sweet potato very well.
- Peel the skin off and cut into pieces. Make the piece big.
- Soak them in lime water for 30 minutes.
- After that, clean with water again.
- Add 3 cups of water into a pot. Boil it on medium heat.
- When it’s quite hot, add sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Wait until the syrup is boiling, then add sweet potato. Use low fire.
- Don’t stir the potato so often. Just flip it over when the other side is done.
- Notice the potato pieces. If the color is clear then it’s ready. Remove from the stove.
- In a different pot, boil coconut milk with salt.
- When it’s boiling, then remove from the fire.
- Spoon coconut milk on top of sweet potato when it’s cool off.