Taro in Coconut Cream or know as a "Pheuak Kaeng Buat" in Thai. Taro is also used as a starch base for a wide range of desserts and sweet treats. It makes a rich, smooth, and creamy custard with eggs, coconut milk, and palm sugar. For an easy dessert, simmer half-inch cubes of taro in coconut milk sweetened with sugar and flavor-enhanced with a small amount of salt. This makes another quick comfort food to warm those cool spring evenings.
- Wash the taro well, dry with towel.
- Peel off the skin, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Put the coconut milk in a pot, and bring to the boil over medium heat Add taro and boil until cooked through.
- Add sugar plum and salt, and continue boiling until the sugar is dissolved.
- When the mixture returns to the boil once again, add the coconut cream.
- Boil until heated through, remove from heat.