A-Lua or Crispy Sticky Dumpling is made from wheat flour, coconut cream, and sugar. This dessert is crispy outside but soft inside, sweet, creamy, and scented. It can be colored by natural colors and food coloring.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. pandanus leaves water
- Sieve flour and add sugar.
- Add coconut cream gradually.
- Knead till the sugar dissolves, then put all the rest of the coconut cream.
- Stir well and sieve the mixture.
- Put the mixture into pan.
- Stir quickly over medium heat till the mixture is clear.
- Add pandanus leaf. Stir till the mixture is thick and clear. Leave to cool.
- Grease the tray. Use 2 teaspoons to scoop the mixture and drop on the tray to be 1 1/2 inches far from each others.
- Sun dry the dropped mixture or bake by using hot air.
Use high heat for about 2 - 3 minutes till the mixture is clear, then lower the heat and continues to stir for another 2 - 3 minutes till the mixture is cried.