This recipe call Khanom Tom Khaow. Khanom Tom Khaow is an ancient Thai dessert in Sukothai period and is used in some ceremonies together with Khanom tom Daeng. And I won't talk about Khanom Tom Daeng in this recipe. Khanom Tom Khaow are using flour, sugar, and coconut and flour ball filled with simmered coconut and sugar, cooked and sprinkled with white grated coconut meat which gives it the name "Khamon Tom Khaow.
- 1 kg. glutinous rice flour
- 200 g. rice flour
- 5 cups water
- 5 coconuts
- 2 kg. palm sugar
- 1/4 kg. maltose syrup
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Grate the coconut meat.
- Mix 2 cups of palm sugar, 1/2 cup of water, and maltose syrup together.
- Stir till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the gated coconut meat.
- Stir till thick.
- Form the mixture into small balls.
- Add smoke candle scent it desired.
- Mix the two flour together.
- Knead the flour by adding 1 cup of water at a time to make dough.
- Cover the prepared filling with the dough.
- Drop in boiling water till well done.
- Sprinkle with grated coconut meat mixed with salt.