Phutsa Chuem (jujube in syrup) is a Kind of fruit preservation to vary Thai desserts. It can be kept for days and is usually served with sliced ice and syrup.
- Unseed jujube with carving knife.
- Soak in water for 3 hours.
- Boil jujube in boiling water over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and put in cold water. Drain.
- Divide sugar into 2 parts. Mix one with water.
- Simmer over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Drop jujube into syrup and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the rest of sugar. Simmer until syrup resembles thin cream.