Limeade or “Nam Ma-Now" is a popular drink due to the fact that limes are so readily available. Limeade makes for a fresh twist on lemonade, and is very refreshing. Its light green color also makes it a beautiful drink to serve. For this recipe I used 5 large limes to 7-8 cups water, which makes for quite a flavorful limeade. Feel free to add more water if you find it too strong. ENJOY Ka!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5 medium to large limes)
- 7-8 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar (or more to taste)
- ice cubes / fresh fruit garnish (Optional)
- Squeeze the limes to make 1 cup lime juice, either by hand (slicing the limes into wedges and squeezing them), or by using a citrus juicer/press.
- Remove any small seeds you find.
- Pour the lime juice into a large jug, and add 7 cups water.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Taste-test the lime water, adding more sugar if you prefer it sweeter, or more water if you find the taste too strong or sharp.
- Set jug in the re-frigerator to chill for 2 hours, or until cold.
- Serve as is, or garnished with slices or wedges of lime, plus a few ice cubes if desired. ENJOY KA! ;D
For this drink, it’s best to use fresh limes. Bottled lime juice has a different taste, and might also give an aftertaste which you don’t want.