This sweet shredded Beef with sticky rice or "Khao nieow na neua foi" in Thai. This beef is sweet, shredded beef fillet and is a good contrast to balance spicy food.
- 1 kg. Beef Tenderloin
- 4-5 shallots
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup thin soy sauce
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep fry
PREPARATIONS: (for Beef)
- Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium high heat, wash beef, put it into a pot, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours or until beef is getting tender.
- Peel shallots, wash dirt, pat dry and thinly slice.
- Heat ½ cup of oil in a wok on medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add sliced shallot, fry until fragrant and crisp, drain on paper towel.
- When beef is tender, place on a plate and let it cool.
- When beef is cool, tear beef into narrow strip.
- Heat remaining oil in a wok on medium low heat.
- When oil is hot, add shredded beef in a pan, fry until crisp, drain on paper towel.
- Fry remaining until all done.
- Heat ¼ cup of water in a wok on medium heat.
- When boiled, add palm sugar and sugar, stir until dissolve.
- Add thin soy sauce, stir well, simmer for a while until sauce is thicker, add fried shredded beef, stir thoroughly, then add fried shallot.
- Stir thoroughly, remove from heat, place on a plate and serve with Streamed Glutinous Rice.