The dessert today I introduce "Ma-praao Kaew" which is basically sweet dried coconut. As usual this was a bit too sweet and crispy. For this recipe you will need middle aged old coconut. Not quite young coconut, not old coconut, just middle aged. You can find this frozen in your Asian supermarket, as medium old coconut “Ma-praao How” or “Ma-praao Roy Kanom”.
- 500 gms Shredded Coconut Meat
- 300 gms Sugar
- 150 water
- Food colouring
- Mix the sugar and water together.
- Heat and bring to the boil.
- Boil the water off to a thick sugar syrup.
- Add the shredded coconut, lower the heat and continue stiring until all the liquid has gone.
- Let cool a little, taking two teaspoons take out ball shaped lumps on the mixture and let them cool on a drying try.