Cha Mong Kood is a royal Thai dessert,served to the King. It is a rare Thai dessert because of its complicated methods of making.
Ingredients for Watermelon seeds: thorn shaped
- 1 cup red skinless watermelon seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup jasmine scented water
- Mix sugar and jasmine scented water together.
- Heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Stir fry watermelon seeds over low heat.
- Put finger into prepared syrup, then nib watermelon seeds with the finger till the syrup dries.
- Wipe the pan with wet clothes.
- Rub till the seeds become thorn, which takes about 5 – 6 hours.
- Store the seeds in closed container.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 egg yolks1 egg
- Mix flour with eggs. Knead till soft.
- Spread the flour into thin sheets, then cut the rim to make 2 inches diameter round sheet.
- Put the flour into a small cup, press slightly to form the flour to be a cup.
- Remove from the cup with fork. Bake and set aside