This street dessert call “Khai Nok Gata” Some areas may be called “Khai Tao” dessert waffle Is a very popular snack in the past, since the Sukhothai – Ayudhya period even Rattanakosin to present. Tt is easy, cheap and tasty favorite Eating easier. Look as pale yellow balls made of sweet potato then fry it taste sweet.
- 150 gms Sweet Potato
- 200 gms Wheat Flour
- 125 gms Cassava Starch Flour
- 400 gms Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 Baking Powder
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Clean and peel the sweet potatoes, steam until they are cooked and leave to cool. You can check they are cooked by sticking a fork in them.
- Mash finely, add the sugar and mix it in.
- Mix the cassava flour and baking powder and mix into the potatoes.
- Add the milk a little at a time and mix it in. You want the mixture to be a thick dough, add more or less milk to adjust the consistency. Leave for 1 hour.
- Deep fry small balls of the dough in medium hot oil until cooked.
- Serve hot.