Longan is frequently eaten fresh or from the can in which it floats in its own juice, the longan can also be cooked with delicious results. In general, the fruit is considered tastier than the lychee but it is not as juicy. Longan is sometimes used instead of lychees or cherries in fruit salads, sweet and sour dishes and as garnish for cocktail drinks. The fruit has a juicy and sweet taste. For today I bring a dessert.
- 1 cup uncooked sticky rice
- 2 cups longan meat or as much as you like
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 pandan leaves (cut 1 inch)
- Cook sticky rice in boiling water. The water should be above sticky rice for about 2 inches. Use loe-medium heat.
- Keep stirring the rice and don't let the rice too dry or too juicy. Be careful, the rice may get burnt at the bottom of the pot.
- Add pandanus leaves. Cook for 20 minutes. Notice the rice. When it's cooked, you will see the rice gets bigger. Remember to keep stirring the rice.
- Now, Add sugar, longan and cook for one more minute. Then put the rice away from the stove.
- Boil coconut milk on low heat. Add salt whenl it's boiling. Turn off the fire.
- Put sticky rice longan in a small bowl and top with coconut cream.
- Serve warm.