Ka-Thon Loy Kaew or Chilled Santol in scented Syrup. Is Santol is also knows as ka-thon or wild mangosteen or sandorica. It's a tropical tree that originates in southeast Asia. Santol a Thai fruit, sour and sweet. And slightly astringent. Eat a fresh fruit compote and a spicy curry can also be made in syrup. By the santol boiled in syrup Time is slowly eating with ice break.
- 3 over ripe santol fruits
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 cups boiled water
- Mix salt in the boiled water and leave it for cooling down.
- Peel and cut the satol fruits into small pieces, then keep them in salt water for 1 hour.
- Boil the mixture of sugar and water until it is thick as a syrup, then add a little bit of salt to balance the taste.
- Remove the santol from the salty water and put it in the syrup for 1 hour.
- Serve the santol floating in the syrup cool (from refrigerator) or with ground ice.