First of all, try to get a pack of Thai tea which is available at most Thai groceries. You may also want to get two cans of sweetened milk, also available in most oriental grocery.
- A pack of Thai tea
- Hot water
- Fresh Milk or Coffee-mate cream
- Sweetened condensed milk.
- Soak a pack of Thai tea about 1 ½ cups in a regular size pitcher (the size used for draft beer in the bar) of boiling water.
- Stir it well for about half a minute. Drain it. You should get a dark brown tea liquid.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir well. If you like, you may add some coffee-mate cream (about ½ cup).
- Leave to cool down to room temperature. Serve with ice top with fresh milk.
- The right color should be dull orange.
Note: that Thai tea does not easily brew. To use the coffee maker may not work as some part of it may remain untouched.