Fresh Thai tangerines have a highly aromatic thin greenish-yellow peel and are refreshingly sweet when ripe, perfect when served as fresh fruit or as a juice or cocktail mixer. To make the most of its delicate refreshing taste, oranges are served in a very light syrup on crushed ice.
- 4 oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flower water
- 1tsp/5ml flowers flavor
- Peel and segment the oranges, ensuring that no pits, pith or skin remain. Put the segments in a glass dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water gently to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 15 minutes, until it is the consistency of a thin syrup.
- Add the flowers flavor and stir to blend.
- Pour the syrup over the orange segments and turn of the stove, let it cool.
- Pour in a serving bowl, top with ice and serve cold.