This Thai banana dessert is is fully vegetarian and is a very common Thai dessert. This dessert made with bananas cooked in coconut milk and topped with coconut cream. The bananas are the kluay nam wa variety and the word kluay means banana. The Thai name of this banana dessert is “kluay buad chee”
- 10 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel the bananas, cut each in half lengthwise, then cut across to get 4 pieces.
- Pour the coconut milk into a pot and cook over medium heat until it boils
- Add the bananas, and cook until soft then add sugar and salt.
- After sugar has completely dissolved, pour in the coconut cream, then remove from the heat.
- Serve the warm bananas in a dessert bowl.