Fragrant sweet bananas coated with a coconut milk rice batter and sesame seeds which is deep fried, the perfect dessert to finish any meal. For this fried bananas know as a "Gluay Todd" I like to use Gluay Nam Wah. Gluay Nam Wah are shot and fat style. In Thailand most we using this Gluay Nam Wah for make it Gluay Todd or fried bananas.
- 1 pound bananas, about 6 or 8. Traditionally small Asian bananas are used but you can use any bananas.
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups oil for deep frying
- Peel and slice each banana lengthwise into four slices. In a mixing bowl, combine rice flour, tapioca flour, sugar, salt, coconut and baking soda, then add water a little at a time.
- Mix well to form a thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or wok to 375 degrees F. Dip each piece of banana into the batter to completely coat, and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve as a snack.