"Khanom Foi Thong" or golden rain is made of egg yolk It looks like golden threads into hot syrub. This sweet is usually made for wedding ceremonies. Foi Thong is compared to the long lasting love of of brides and grooms.
- 12 egg yolks, strained
- 3 cups castor sugar
- 1 cup water
- A few fine-pointed paper cones for piping
- Heat the water in a saucepan.
- Pour in the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and strain.
- Pour the syrup back into the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Pour the egg yolks into a paper cone and pipe the egg-yolks onto the boiling syrup through the fine-pointed hole to form fine even threads.
- To do this you will have to move your hand clockwise very rapidly over the saucepan of boiling syrup.
- Remove the threads from the saucepan as soon as they are cooked with a slotted spoon.
- Add a little water to the boiling syrup from time to time.
- Arrange the golden rain into individual portions on a serving dish.