Castor sugar is a main ingredient of Sakay Chuem. The methods of making Sakay Chuem are alike other boiling in syrub desserts. Choose glutinous breadfruits and soak in saturated red lime water for sticky and served to monks for ment and also served in daily meals.
- 1 glutinous breadfruit
- 8 measuring cups castor sugar
- 4 measuring cups fresh water
- Split breadfruit and slice into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide. Pit.
- Wash with boiling water mixed with alum.
- Remove to soak in cold water.
- Divide sugar into 2 parts.
- Mix one with water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add breadfruit and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the rest of sugar.
- Simmer until syrup resembles thin cream.