This dessert make from cassava root as we have candied cassava root in Asia. Once candied the cassava root is chewier and stickier than other candied fruit, due to its natural guminess. This dessert look attractive and It also looked very sweet. But small amounts was very tasty. Try some yourself. This dish cost only 15-20 baht around food street in Bangkok.
- 500 g Cassava root
- 300 g Sugar
- 2 cup Water
- First you have to prepare the syrup by mixing together sugar and water and boil slowly until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Strain this through a sieve and then bring it back to the boil once more.
- Reduce the heat and then add the cassava roots which have been peeled and cut into two inch sticks.
- Once it is cooked through it will have a glazed look as most of the syrup would have been absorbed by the roots.
- You top this with a mixture of coconut cream and salt that has been boiled together and then allowed to cool.
- And if cannot finish in a day you can keep it in freeze up to 3-5 days.