Khanom Thong-Ek or Wheat flour dumpling with eggs yolks. The sorts of sweetmeat that are popularly prepared for the propitious occasions include those with the names of lucky meanings. For instance, the desserts have the names beginning with the world "thong" or gold, like thong yip, thong yot and thong ek. The Thais believe that gold will bring good luck to them. It symbolizes fame and wealth.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Mix the sugar and coconut milk together, heat over the medium heat when cooked remove from the heat and filter by the thin white muslin.
- Simmer the mixed ingredients over the medium heat until the ingredients become thick, remove from the heat.
- Continue to stir until cool. Put the egg yolks, mix well.
- Heat the mixed ingredient again when it is hot, add each a little of flour mix well until the flour is over.
- Remove from the heat. Set aside.
- When the sweets is warm.
- Put it in the wood molds, press it and remove from the mold.
- Decorate the lillte gold foil on the top of sweets.