This is the Thai version of muffins. Thai Rice Flour Muffins or Thai called "Kanom Tuay Fu" They are made by rice flour, scented very gently with flower water and steamed rather than baked. To cook this you will need foil or paper cups, the dough mixture is runny and needs to be held in a cup during cooking.
- 125 gms Rice Flour
- 125 gms Sugar
- 125 ml flowers Water
- 1 tsp Fresh Yeast
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Food Colouring (Optional)
- Mix the yeast with the rice flour, add the flower water little by little and mix until the flour is soft.
- Add sugar, and the remaining rose water and the baking soda.
- At this point you can add 5 drops of food colouring.
- Or even divide the mixture into sections and colour each section separately.
- Stir the mixture well and place in a covered bowl, leave for 1-2 hours for bubbles to form.
- The mixture should be thick but still fluid.
- Fill each paper or foil cup to just below the top, the mixture will expand during cooking.
- Place in a Chinese steamer for 10 minutes.
- You can check they are cooked by sticking a tooth pick or fork into the centre and if it comes out clean it is cooked inside.
- Serve cold.