There are many variations to making a bubble tea (or boba tea as it is sometimes called). It can be iced or frozen. I prefer mine iced, and I absolutely love the original Thai flavorings, although you can get anything from strawberry to lychee fruit. Or you can buy this drink in China Town or at a mall kiosk. Tastes just as good!
- 3 ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup Thai tea mixture
- 1 scoop bubble tea sugar syrup
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp tapioca Pearls
- To make the tea just heat the water to boiling, then using four layers of cheese cloth as a filter, pour the water through the tea four times or until the tea reaches the right color.
- To make the tapioca pearls is starting by boil water in a large pot, adding in the tapioca pearls.
- The tapioca pearls should float in the water while boiling for about 25 minutes with the cover on.
- Turn the heat off and let the tapioca sit in the water for 25 minutes. Rinse the cooked tapioca pearls in warm water and drain.
- Then combine everything by mix together the Thai tea, bubble tea sugar syrup and sweetened condensed milk and shake until little bubbles form on the top of the drink.
- Add bubble tea tapioca pearls to a 16 oz. cup, and pour your drink over.