- 2 cups all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 9 tbsp vegetable oil
- food coloring (optional)
8"x8" baking pan, fragrant candle
- Mix the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg yolk and gradually knead with the oil until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small balls about 1.5 cm in diameter.
- Cut each ball into 4 wedges, and place each end of the three wedges together to form a flower.
- Cut the remaining wedge in half, roll it into a ball, and place it at the junction of the three wedges as the center of the flower.
- Score the center with a knife, and brush lightly with pink color or egg yolk to make a pistil.
- Arrange the flowers on a baking pan.
- Bake in an oven at 300°F for 12 minutes or until the cookies are light gold.
- Remove from the oven, transfer the cookies to cool down on a rack.
- Smoke the cookies with a fragrant candle and store in an airtight container.