Ginger has a calming and soothing flavour with a touch of a bite to it that helps to keep you alert and calm. Ginger is commonly used to help an upset stomach, motion or travel sickness or general low-grade fevers. It is also excellent for nausea and for warming you up when you feel cold (it stimulates cold hands and feet), and is esteemed as a "heating herb". Ginger is reputed to help ward off colds or improve your recovery time.
- 4 cups of water
- 2-inch fresh ginger piece
- lemon slice and honey (optional)
- First, peel and slice the ginger root.
- Put the water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add the slices of ginger into the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid out, and add lemon and honey to taste.