Pomegranate juice is made from the fruit of the pomegranate. It is used in cooking both as a fresh juice and as a concentrated syrup. Pomegranate juice has many health benefits. It has shown promise in the prevention of cancer, Alzheimer's disease, and high vitamin C, A, E and folic acid in good quantities….and much more… Many people also enjoy its rich taste, making it a welcome beverage.
- 3 cups pomegranate seeds (about 4 large)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Add pomegranate seeds and a ½ cup of water into the blender. Spinning for a good resolution.
- Then pour into medium nonreactive pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and ½ cup of water strain mixture through. Lets it boil and turn off the stove…lets it cool.
- Store in refrigerator serve cold or add ice.
Note: Be sure to use a nonreactive pot, such as one with a nonstick coating. Aluminum will react with the acid in the seeds, giving the juice a slightly metallic or off taste.